Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ma petite bibliothèque

When I was little I used to go into my father's study and look at books. Many of them I could not read, at first simply because I really could not read, but later because I could not read German or Russian. I still cannot read those languages. I generally read encyclopedias, but I was transfixed by one rather large set of smallish books: each spine read "The Little Lenin Library" and I sweetly assumed they were a collection of Russian children's stories. They were not. But I loved the idea of a little library, Lenin's or anyone else's. And now we will have our little library. Below is an elevation study of one of the four nearly identical walls of the square plan for a single-room "library". A little library. Notre petite bibliothèque.

Click to enlarge

No comments: